Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello, bibliophiles!

Well, I was beyond flattered when Lesa invited me to be a guest blogger for Mrs. Greenwalt (she’s even hinting at a more permanent relationship). We’ve been friends since seventh grade when she adopted me, the new girl. In the years since reading has been an important part of our relationship. I remember phoning her up and inviting her out in high school, only to have her respond, ‘I don’t know. I was going to read this book…’

My appetite for books is voracious and indiscriminate. I read at a furious pace at the beach, at the dining table, in the bath, online, waiting for my kids, during lunch at work, even at red lights on the way home from the library. My mother used to say, ‘No reading at the table!’ and now my kids beg to be allowed to read during dinner. I’ll read pretty much anything, from the cereal packet to academic tomes, self help books (not too many!) and, ok, even Harlequin/Mills and Boone. I will justify that later, don’t worry!

Just so you know, I am an émigré, having left the Southwest US for the antipodes over twenty years ago ( I was very young!). My spelling and turns of speech might seem strange to American readers, but I will try to be transparent. I’ll make an effort to highlight Australian authors and books that are available state side, but my tastes are catholic and universal.

Thanks Lesa and Mrs. Greenwalt for a new adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You are here!! What a great intro post-- can't wait to read more!

    I can't believe how sympatico we are-- We are the same kind of readers! Do you ever have 3 or more books going at once? I do.

    Yep, I've always been a bookworm but I do remember being easily swayed to go out parading on a Fri or Sat night--- I am an adventurous bookworm, after all.

    Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be here and thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...