Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Our 2011 Bookish Resolutions

Hi, Lesa here!  Every year, I resolutely resolve to boycott making New Year's Day resolutions but the  Top Ten Tuesday Bookish Resolutions hosted by The Broke and The Bookish  swayed me to the dark side.  Bookish resolutions are surely more worthy than the usual old rigmarole-- and surely easier to stick too, right?

After all my holiday bookish musing, it was a breeze coming up with reading related resolutions. Then, I just had to know what my lovely co-blogger's bookish resolutions might be...

Lesa's Bookish Resolutions:
1. Keep a list of all books I read in 2011. I started a list for 2010 but didn't keep it up.

2. Participate in an official challenge and/or readalong. More about that soon.

3. Buy more books!!  Never fear, I am still a library girl! The earth hasn't shifted on it axis or anything BUT after all the bookstore sale,  book fair and  thrift store treasures I discovered in 2010, I am now unashamedly addicted to aquiring beaucoups of bargain books! 

4.  Read as many books that I already own as I can-- there is a monkey on my back, after all. (see #3)

5. Don't horde-- Donate read books to libraries and/or giveaway to bloggy friends. Then, there will be room for more books. Aw, the monkey is clapping his little hands...

6. Buy a bookcase for my child's room. That will free up one or more shelves on three family bookcases! Oooo, more space for bargain books! The monkey just swooned...

7. Stamp out book snobbery whenever it rears its ugly head. I just won't stand for it, I tell you.  Don't make me sic the monkey...

Leslie's Bookish Resolutions:  
I want to try a new author and/or genre. I tend to stick to a series until it's done because I know it will be good and I don't want to waste a reading opportunity.

Izzy's Bookish Resolutions:
My reading resolution is to read something classic, something substantial, and try to stay away from Mary-Kate and Ashley. I need something out of my comfort zone, I only read those ridiculously girly novels because they are so familiar. And all have pretty much the same plot.
:)

DeLynne's Bookish Resolutions:
 I would like to read every book in the Phryne Fisher series. And something totally new, like sci fi which I don't do often. And a classic. And blog more often. xo

Tracy's Bookish Resolutions:
I plan to read all thirteen Wheel of Time books this year. And hopefully, have my book, Dragon Seals,  ready for someone else to read!

Happy New Year and Happy Reading... May all your books be page-turners! 

7 comments:

  1. Aww, man! Now that it is there in B&W, I guess I have to do it!

    You are way more resolution-y than the rest of us....you are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-- no shirking for you now! What new author or genre do you have in mind?

    Oh poo! I might have more but most are frivolous.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Great List :) and thanx for dropping by my blog! :D (in reply to your comment: I can't wait to read Jane by April Lindner...i just need to find a copy ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list and I can totally relate to all of your resolutions, particularly the first two. I even bought a Moleskine Book Journal last year and the only entries are The Hunger Games. This year I am trying to be better about that.
    Top Ten Tuesdays are rather fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesa, I'm doing your resolution #1 too. I'm doing well so far, but then it's only half way through January!

    ReplyDelete
  6. +JMJ+

    I should make bookish and bloggish resolutions rather than regular ones, as the former are what I'm more likely to keep!

    I think DeLynne and Tracy are on the right track about series. There are too many I should have finished by now! Lesa, I'm also going to do your #1. I'm tired of being the only person at the end of the year who can't make a Top 10 Reads of the Year list! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. Nice list. Number 6 is important for me as well. I always struggle to find interesting kid bookshelves.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...