Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A shopping Dilemma Update or CSN Stores Rules!

Thank you, dear friends, for helping out with my little shopping dilemma.  The majority ruled and I purchased... 

These melamine mixing bowls are fabulous! 

The pros:
Happy yellow!!
Lightweight and easy to lift when full of batter.
Each bowl has a rubber ring on the bottom to prevent sliding. 

Only one con:
The largest bowl won't fit in my usual mixing bowl cabinet-- but I don't care.

   Love these bowls!


To round out my order, I went completely off track from from the cute yellow items everyone voted on-- Sorry!  I loved each one but all would have been redundant in my kitchen.  Plus, none were giving me free shipping for some reason. The order has to be wrangled just so to get free shipping--- you know I'm all about FREE

So what did I do?

I went with my other happy kitchen color: Aqua!! Or is it turquoise?  I never know but it is the color shown on my vintage pyrex (or as close as my camera will allow)...

Aren't they cute? I use the little square lidded one as a sugar bowl on my counter.  I have several others of various sizes and shapes and they are all in use.  I do not collect; I use. Very important distinction... (I've seen that Hoarders show!)



My aqua buys...

Love this Le Creuset pitcher!  It arrived in perfect condition! Can't wait till summer to make lemonade!

This barbeque set looks girly but it is sturdy and deadly.
I'm very pleased by the quality-- and the handles add happy to my kitchen!  




Shopping with CSN Stores was a great experience! If you haven't entered our Blogiversary Giveaway Spectacular to win a $40 CSN Stores gift code,  time's a wastin'.  Only 2 days left...

4 comments:

  1. How funny, I was just wondering the other day what you decided to buy but I was too lazy to ask. And now I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love, love blues. So glad you got a prize: you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colors! Little jealous about the pitcher! I bet the lemonade will be delish!
    I had bought some baking dishes in the aqua and yellow. I just love to look at them. And food tastes better when I use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    The barbecue set is fantastic! Don't you love it when the functional can also be fabulously stylish? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...